Redot have great news although we may not give any proficiency training from our facility at this moment under level 4, we may provide learning material (within regulation) to all our students via a COVID-19 approved courier service.
How does it work?
- Any student who want to start with their proficiency training, can contact us on the following numbers 016 110 0149 / 079 630 6270 or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or with WhatsApp
- A registration form need to be completed and is available on our website www.redotfs.co.za
- After we have received your training registration we will courier your learning material and open book exam (Formative Exam) to your address of choice. Please note that your Close book exam / Summative exam and practical shoot will commence under level 3 of the National lock down at our training facility at this stage.
- After completion of your open book exam (Formative Exam) you may use your exam and learning material to do some home study and prepare for the close book exam (Summative Exam)
Firearm proficiency steps:
- Formative examination (Open Book) to be completed at home with black pen by yourself.
- Summative examination (Closed Book) to be completed at Redot training facility with black pen after completion of formative exam under supervision. (Take about 2 to 3 hours)
- A practical shoot will commence after completion of the Formative and Summative exam. (Take about 2 hours)
- Range fee must be paid at the shooting range on the day of the practical shoot.
- Redot will provide the learner with the necessary firearms and ammunition on the day of the shoot, if the learner fail his / her shooting exercise he / she can shoot again but have to buy their own ammunition for the second attempt.
- All relevant personal protective equipment will be provided by Redot.
- Please wear shoes that cover your whole feet. (Brass burns)
- Please do not wear a shirt that have a low cut or V-neck. (Brass burns)
- Bring sunscreen (Outdoor shooting range only)
- Bring a hat(Outdoor shooting range only)
- After you have successfully completed your Formative exam, Summative exam and Practical shoot you will be issued with a Proficiency certificate from Redot Firearm Solutions and a P.F.T.C. Statements of results. (Proficiency certificate and statement of results will only be issued if the learner was found competent)
Competency application: (Waiting period 90 days)
- After you have received both your Redot proficiency certificate and P.F.T.C. Statement of results, you may apply for your SAPS Competency certificate at your nearest Police Station (DFO)
- A SAPS 517 form need to be completed and the following documentation must accompany your application.
- A certified copy of your proficiency certificate and P.F.T.C. statement of Results.
- Certified copy of your ID document x 2
- Proof of home address
- 3 persons to be interviewed
- 2 x Passport photos
- R70-00 Cash for your competency application and is payable at the admin office at your local DFO